NR | 1hr 30min
4:30PM | Open to the public
As part of a new joint Film Fellowship program, the nonprofit, independent Gateway Film Center is relaunching its popular monthly short film screening event in partnership with the Greater Columbus Arts Council to support local filmmakers and encourage local film production. Show Us Your Shorts, a winner-take-all “open mic night” for short films, is hosted by Fright Club’s Hope Madden and George Wolf. A meet-up will follow the show at 6:00pm where that month's winner is announced.
Here’s how it works:
● On the first Saturday of every month, filmmakers, friends, and fans gather in the Gateway Film Center – $5 to get in.
● Filmmakers enter their shorts the Wednesday before each event by giving the facilitator an online screening link – YouTube or Vimeo.
● A maximum of eight movies are screened per month – 10 minute max runtime.
● Submissions are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
● After screening all shorts for the evening, the audience votes on its favorite.
● The winner gets the door – all $5 covers paid for that night, with the chance to be chosen as the year’s best overall short.
In order to submit films for Show Us Your Shorts, video links should be sent to [email protected] with the following info:
● The subject line should read “Show Us Your Shorts – Your Name – Name of Film”
● The body of the email should include your name, the name of the film, and runtime of the film, as well as a link to a video hosting website (either Youtube or Vimeo) which can stream your video. Only Youtube or Vimeo links will be accepted and videos must be downloadable.
Videos must be 10 minutes in length or less and uploaded on either Youtube.com or Vimeo.com. Filmmakers must submit their video entries by 6 p.m. the Wednesday before each Show Us Your Shorts date. All filmmakers must be in attendance the night of the show, and must be 18 or older to participate.
Back to All Events