Join us on the first Saturday of each month for locally-made short films at Gateway Film Center. Like an open-mic night, register your short film by email in advance, then come see it on the big screen with a voting audience. Tickets are $5 dollars, and the audience-chosen best short takes home the dough!
Here’s how it works:
- On the first Saturday of every month, filmmakers, friends, and fans gather in the Gateway Film Center – $5 to get in.
- Filmmakers enter their shorts the Wednesday before each event by giving the facilitator an online screening link – YouTube or Vimeo.
- A maximum of eight movies are screened per month – 10 minute max runtime.
- Submissions are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- After screening all shorts for the evening, the audience votes on its favorite.
- The winner gets the door – all $5 covers paid for that night, with the chance to be chosen as the year’s best overall short.
Though winning short films will be decided by the audience in attendance each month, a panel of three expert judges will be assembled for a year-end event on Saturday, June 1, 2019 to decide the year’s overall winning short film and a winning screenplay in a new “Show Us Your Screenplays” division. Short screenplays (no longer than ten pages) will be submitted once annually by March 31, 2019, then reviewed by our panel of expert judges. The winning screenplay will be paired with the filmmakers behind the year's best overall short, with a $4,000 collaborative grant to produce the new short film. The newly produced short film will then screen during GFC’s pre-show program for one month for audiences to enjoy.
In order to submit films for Show Us Your Shorts, video links should be sent to [email protected] with the following info:
- The subject line should read “Show Us Your Shorts – Your Name – Name of Film”'
- The body of the email should include your name, the name of the film, and runtime of the film, as well as a link to a video hosting website (either Youtube or Vimeo) which can stream your video. Only Youtube or Vimeo links will be accepted and videos must be downloadable.
Videos must be 10 minutes in length or less and uploaded on either Youtube.com or Vimeo.com. Filmmakers must submit their video entries by 6:00 p.m. the Wednesday before each Show Us Your Shorts date. All filmmakers must be in attendance the night of the show, and must be 18 or older to participate.
Tickets for this monthly event are $5 with shorts screening at 4:30 p.m., including a meet-up after the show at 6:00 p.m.
Support for Show Us Your Shorts and Show Us Your Screenplays is made possible by a grant from the Greater Columbus Arts Council.
Party: Saturday, October 6 at 4:30PM